Bicycles are the indicator species of a community, like shellfish in a bay ~ P. Martin Scott
Whoever invented the bicycle deserves the thanks of humanity ~ Lord Charles Beresford
I know you've heard about them. You never WANTED one until you test drove one! Before opening Bike Baby, I had only HEARD about them, about how it gave the rider the ability to conquer the world! I still saw them as unattainable, much like being a billionaire or even a millionaire. My neighbor converted his regular bike to an e-bike after years of trekking up a nearly 90 degree incline to work. He was thrilled....and I...was jealous, knowing the cost was more than I could possibly invest into my bike, my meager hybrid.
But like every other invention, supply and demand made them more affordable, albeit they are NOT a Wal-Mart bike, they are certainly now attainable. So I bought one for the store. I test drove it and immediately fell in LOVE, all I wanted to do was ride!!! I now have a variety of different styles and prices of e-bikes, and YOU need to come for a test drive!!!!
1. Obviously...power. No more getting worn out. Simply turn on the motor, decide how much help you want and pedal on!
2. Same gearage, so bike on!
3. Pack animal, pack her up for work, or grocery shopping, and pedal away!
4. Longer trips are in the cards now, without fear of not having the energy to return.
5. Easy to charge, just like a laptop, phone or other device.
6. The folding ones do just that, and pop in your trunk! Good for limited space in an apartment, too.
7. Some bikes come with a fob, much like a car, and cannot be operated without that fob...good safety feature.
8. No driver's license, no insurance, gasoline or trouble parking
9. Low/no footprint
10. BETTER for the environment in SO many ways!
1. They cost a LOT more than some bikes, and, depending on what you ride, a LOT less than others. The jury is still out regarding lifetime, and my 33+ year old Mongoose might have something to say about that.
2. They weigh a lot more, naturally, but the power makes up for that.
3. Rain-riding? I still believe water and electricity don't mix, but understand as long as the bike isn't LEFT OUT in the weather, it'll be safe.
4. I don't think there are any other minuses, do you?
So come by the shop ANY time, and test drive one, you'll be glad you did!